Friday, November 10, 2006

Wow. Don't know what to make of this. But forgive me, my transatlantic friends, for I'd rolled my eyes and assumed this pity party was your doing. Turns out, it's one of ours.

I've started to read one or two of the members posts, but had to stop as I could feel my hackles rising. All this talk of "suddenly" their partner left them, as if women up and off and disrupt the life and emotional wellbeing of their children at the drop of a hat. "We had a few problems a while ago, but things seemed to have resolved themselves" RESOLVED THEMSELVES? THEMSELVES? Men see 'resolved' as meaning a topic has been removed from the conversational menu. Often because each time we try to broach it, a little extra piece of light gets stubbed out in our hearts, until we're left sitting alone in the dark.

Thanks to Her Imperial Majesty for bringing it to my attention.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 am, November 11, 2006, Blogger Andrea said...

You have an interesting perspective. I think you're onto something there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile