Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Does it go without saying?

Just to clarify. I do not really think Ms I Ob. Sess is a dork. (except possibly when she's calling herself one)(approximately 8.64 times per day)(and, since I probably only get to hear about 39.6% of the times she calls herself a dork, then I guess I have to withdraw the statement entirely and confess I think she's a dork 3.42 times a day). And when I said i didn't love her blog, I didn't mean that I don't enjoy/look forward to relishing/ keeping popping back to see if she's posted anything since the last time I checked five minutes ago/love her blog. I was trying to talk about the difference between what people do and what they are. And she was talking about other people writing and that she had the impression other people found it easy. and I was flattered that she included me. but I'm not one of them. and. yet. I've been doing it for a living for over a decade. but rarely enjoyed it. and part of the reason I started blogging was to have somewhere to write that didn't have deadlines or expectations attached. And I'm especially sensitive about this stuff at the moment because, as of 2pm this afternoon, I am unemployed. And now I don't know what I am.

p.s. thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for the comments here. Really.

6 Comments:

At 11:08 pm, February 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you are. You're a fabulous writer, an inspiration and a confidante.

You don't need to have a paycheck to know that.

So I guess the question is...what do you want to be?

 
At 8:21 am, March 01, 2007, Blogger dodo said...

but I think I do. need the paycheck. I feel all panicky. and it's not really about the mortgage.

 
At 4:19 pm, March 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Writing IS hard. Even when you love it and ESPECIALLY when you don't. Hope things turn out better for you soon.

 
At 3:04 am, March 03, 2007, Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

Oh no...I'm sorry...

I truly, truly believe that things happen for a reason. And if they don't? Well, by the time I figure it out, I'll be dead. So, it makes me feel better in meantime.

So, as I was saying. I truly believe that things happen the way that they're suppose to. And I KNOW that you're going to turn lemons into lemonade.

How do I know this you might ask? I know. I just do.

 
At 5:00 am, March 05, 2007, Blogger Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:04 am, March 05, 2007, Blogger Lisa said...

You've been on your own for quite some time... I can understand why you're all panicky... Even if its not really about the mortage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile