Friday, November 24, 2006

Does this look festive to you?

There are a half dozen of these in the window of a swanky jewellery shop by way of yuletideification.
As mentioned in last post, I went to Maj's for dinner the other night and had big adventure. We have a london transport website, it's done by the mayors office (Red Ken). It has a 'handy' route planner thingy, where yuo can mix and match the various delights the city's public transport system has to offer until you're in a frenzy of lines and wiggles and "may be disruption to the route" signs. Having experimented with various routes to Maj's newish abode from my office, I asked Ken to provide some alternatives, which his website duly spat forth . . . . I started out from here which Ken got absolutely right. this is where the first bus went from. and lets cut a long story short, becuase you can see where this is going and you're busy people. The second instruction led my to change to a bus the goes directly to her street. it started off fine. I went past here
but i didn't notice it turned south instead of north and next time I looked up I saw

this was not good. this is the river thames. thus indicating that we were back in the vicinity of figure 2 above, namely St Pauls fucking cathederal. it's freeeeezing outside and I have to get off the bus, having spent nearly forty minutes and travelled a total of maybe a half mile east, and wait at the stop in the middle of the bridge for one coming back the other way. (this is london bridge, btw). I didn't get there nearly ten and don't think I've thawed out yet. not to mention the BIG GREEN WORLD OF SNOT, where I now reside.


Elsewhere . . .

So, what do you do when you have a stinking cold, your house, having stood quite merrily for nearly 200 years decides to . . .(well, to do what I have no care to discover, since the changes of being able to afford to do anything about are slimmity slim.) and your house is so untidy you can't find your pets?

LOCATE OTHER SIDE OF PLANET. GO THERE.

I'm off to pack, see you all in a fortnight. (don't do anything too exciting, and could you tape Lost for me?)(and feed the guinea pigs)(and the fish) (one or two houseplants might need watering. . . thanks)

6 Comments:

At 3:34 am, November 27, 2006, Blogger Debbie said...

I'm so excited that you get to travel! to a place where I would totally meet you for a fabulous blog-friend twist if not for lack of dough.

but I hope you have an awesome trip. and be sure to look for a wee package at the front desk come, say, Wednesday/Thursday. :) :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Deb

 
At 3:35 am, November 27, 2006, Blogger Debbie said...

dude. I need more sleep. that should've been "tryst." not "twist."

sigh.

 
At 1:04 pm, November 27, 2006, Blogger dodo said...

it occurs to me that at somepoint between now and when we come up to the northwest next year - I may have to actually tell him I have a blog!

 
At 1:17 pm, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great and SAFE trip. I remember my eight days in London (Hampstead Heath) years ago. Flea markets, drinking at Jack Straw's Castle, visiting Karl Marx's grave at Highgate. Totally wonderful.

 
At 3:46 am, November 28, 2006, Blogger Kristin said...

Have fun! Did your book arrive? I sent it carrier pigeon so it should be there soonish...

 
At 5:16 am, December 03, 2006, Blogger Andrea said...

Aw,I felt like I was right there, getting lost also. Nice journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile