Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Observations. Unanchored.

When i was about 18/19 my grandparents, whom I adored, acquired the latest in the traditional family line of golden retrievers. It must have been around easter time I think, i was home (because i always considered their house to be my home) during college break. I dumped down my bags and picked up the small wriggly thing

Me: Well hello there (scrunching my face into soft fur) where's my gorgeous little puppy?
Grandma: Oh for heaven's sake, dodo, why have you always got to own everything!

Yesterday at work:

My Boss: Dodo, I have to go out for the rest of the week, I need you to take ownership of X, Y and Z (very high profile) projects for me

22.30 this evening. I get home from work. I dumped down my bags and picked up the small wriggly yellow thing

Me: Well hello there (scrunching my face into soft fur) where's my gorgeous little puppy?
S: (pretending to wag tail) Here I am!

3 Comments:

At 10:56 am, April 26, 2007, Blogger Her Imperial Majesty said...

Bless him.
he is a bit puppy like though, surely. I hope you gave him some bonio and threw a ball

 
At 3:56 pm, May 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum.

 
At 3:42 pm, May 03, 2007, Blogger Her Imperial Majesty said...

Dear Voodoo chile,
it's all gone a bit quite.
has the world world eaten thine brain?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile