Tuesday, May 15, 2007

D'you know what does NOT make me giddy?

What is the veritable height of ungiddiness? What degiddies me to the bone?

Coming home from work at 10.30 pm and opening the door to an almighty stink of animal mess of various and indiscernible kinds. And finding the man of the house (no, really!) sitting amid the stinky cocktail playing on the laptop.

Me: My god, what's that disgusting smell?
Him: Hmm? yeah. dunno.

So I go upstairs to get changed out of my work clothes to prepare for a mopping operation, and he feels snubbed by my lack of response to his homecoming advances. Clearly the heady mix of pheromones in the immediate atmosphere don't trigger the same animal responses in me.

Then he disappears while I mop the floor of three largeish rooms. Wrangling three curious cats and a mop transfixed pup as I went.

Then reappears to say goodnight to the dog.

8 Comments:

At 10:31 pm, May 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How convenient. He "doesn't know"...therefore he doesn't have to clean up what he claims not to see. I get it now.

 
At 10:33 pm, May 15, 2007, Blogger dodo said...

Ah - thanks wordgirl - I get it now too. I'm off upstairs to administer an apologetic blowjob!

 
At 11:13 am, May 16, 2007, Blogger Her Imperial Majesty said...

Boys are very funny creatures.
i blame the fact that he has NO freckles

Yuckeroo. i return you to my original concerns about the necessity for touching warm poo and wee. only really excusable for me when it has eminated from No. 1 Bestest Girl Ever and even then... not so much...

love you miss marvellous

 
At 4:20 pm, May 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personnally, I think it has something to do with that "Y" chromosome. They only see what they want to see, and absolutely NOTHING deters them from nighttime advances.

 
At 6:38 pm, May 16, 2007, Blogger Mel said...

Argh! Sounds like it's Boys Are Dumb Week around the Internets, doesn't it?
Sheesh. I'd have thrown SUCH A FIT!
And then he would have bought me cigarettes.
Psh.
;)

 
At 9:53 pm, May 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he still alive?

 
At 10:07 pm, May 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.

just, wow.

 
At 3:05 pm, May 17, 2007, Blogger Her Imperial Majesty said...

hey, is he still alive? it's a reasonable question.

and are you? amonia fumes and all that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile